18.7.11

...And Then This...

I love my wife. She is my sunshine. These are some flowers I bought her from the Farmer's Market on Saturday to make her kitchen a little more sunshine-y. =)

These are Kale Chips. They are probably my new favorite snack food (which is saying alot, because I can't get enough of Salt & Vinegar or All Dressed Chips). They are the kind of awesomeness that comes out of my wife's kitchen. Pretty sure I'll eat better than most for the rest of my life. Her food is kick-awesome. I've included the recipe below:
K.A.L.E CHIPS (Kick-Awesome-Leafy-Excitement) =P

2 bunches kale, broken into large pieces by hand

Dressing:
¾ cups sesame tahini
¼ cup nama shoyu (or soy sauce)
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup water
2 scallions (or a two-by-two cube of onion)
1 clove garlic
1 lemon, juiced
¼ t. sea salt
¼ cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup ground sunflower seeds

Place kale in a large mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth to get a thick consistency. You may have to add more water. Pour over kale and mix thoroughly with your hands to coat the kale. You want this mixture to be really glued onto the kale.

Place kale onto a dehydrator sheet, and dehydrate for 4 hours @ 110 degrees. You'll need to use two or more trays, depending on the size of your dehydrator's trays. Rotate kale occasionally to dry uniformly.

SO worth making. SO worth eating. Seriously, they won't last long =P

--later.

No comments:

Post a Comment