12.7.11

First Off...

Well, it's official.

I've decided I DO need to foray back into the world of blogging--my thoughts need their escape.

But I've decided all my blogs will coalesce into this one. No more multiple blogs (goodbye livejournal, xanga, and former blogger account!)...just this one. Less to keep up, less to keep track of.

Less is more.

So here I am. Posting because, for the first time in almost a year, I've written a song.

If you count the one I'm working on with a buddy of mine, there's two from the past year. But seriously, the fact that they've been so few and far between is not a positive commentary on my songwriting...nonetheless, we'll be giving it a shot on Sunday... so we'll see how it goes. I'll share the words with you...

It's nothing terribly profound, but here it is:

You Ask Me

You ask me for my heart, and I’ll give it to you freely
You ask me for my soul, and it’s yours, unreservedly
You ask me for my mind, and my thoughts are yours, my Saviour
My life is yours, my all is yours, take me as I am

I will build my life upon this rock
I will not fall down when storms may toss
I will stand my feet on solid ground
Though the sand may wash away,
My faith will still remain

I will walk the paths that you have walked
I will not fall down when storms may toss
I will do the things that you have done
Though the sand may wash away,
Your truth will still remain

Called to live as you have lived
Called to speak the truth that you have spoken
Called to follow with my life
You have called me, I will answer, you have called me, I will go

So there you have it. Come by on Sunday to hear it, otherwise maybe you'll hear it some other time.

--Later--

No comments:

Post a Comment