17.7.11

Word Of The Week...

So I've decided that sometimes, the English language just needs a new word that works better in a given situation than the ones currently in place for expressing that thought.

In that spirit, I've decided to implement a "word of the week"--only these words are not officially English words--yet (I've checked the online dictionaries). But they should be!

So here's this week's word.

RECEIVAGE

Pronounciation: Ree-See-Vidge

Why: Because the word "receipt" already means too many things

Meaning: The act of receiving something (i.e. "He was in a state of receivage"), or in place of "receipt" (i.e. "upon receivage"), etc.

So no longer would things be payable upon receipt, but rather, upon receivage. Furthermore, if you are giving something to me, I would be in a state of receivage.

Check in again next week for a new word. And start using them. Maybe we get them into the language yet =P

-Hobbes

No comments:

Post a Comment